AJT | Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description
Scope of Position:
Seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk with 3-5 year experience to work in a retail company to process cash receipts, credit memos and follow up on collections. Applicant must be organized, have great follow-up skills and be detail oriented. Experience working with receivables in a retail and/or wholesale environment helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable aging for certain customers, receiving incoming customer payments, entering cash receipts and completing bank deposits.
- Communicating with customers (verbally, via email, letter or fax) to reconcile customer accounts. Communications will involve requesting past due payments and clarifying charge-backs, deductions, and allowances.
- Research, verify and analyze returns, proof of delivery, shortages and allowances with Customer Service, Shipping, and Salesmen
- Assist with month-end and year closings and will be required to prepare various excel reports
- Accounting Clerical duties such as filing, making collections phone calls and sending out past due correspondence
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge a plus
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in AR and collections
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Familiarity with the following helpful:
- Credit and debit payments
- General Ledger codes
- Bank and financial background checks
- Auto Clearinghouse
- Knowledgeable in BAF and EDI
- Receivables in a retail and/or wholesale environment
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting