Asset Manager | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Asset Manager position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for an Asset Manager position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Principal Objective of Position:
The primary function of the Asset Manager is to assist in all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital and operations of the assigned portfolio.
- Oversee local third party property managers and leasing agents.
- Propose goals and objectives for each property.
- Assist in the preparation and approval process of property operating budgets.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio.
- Monthly review of operating statements.
- Assist in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions.
- Financial analysis, market studies and industry standard reporting (i.e. variance reporting, discounted cash flows, IRR’s, etc.)
Contacts and Liaisons:
This position comes in contact with senior management, vendors, etc. Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude are required.
- Bachelors Degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate.
- Industry Accreditations Preferred (CCIM, etc.)
- Five to seven years of proven experience in asset management.
- Computer literacy sufficient to operate spreadsheet and word processing applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint).
- Working knowledge of Argus and Yardi 5.0/6.0
- Ability to work with financial concepts and perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting