Bookkeeper | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Bookkeeper position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Bookkeeper position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Bookkeeper Essential Functions:
- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client's accounts payable invoices.
- Codes payables for accounts payable clerks to input.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Keeps track of client assets.
- Handles client mail.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Deposits accounts receivables into client bank accounts.
- Handles client payroll.
- Handles investments.
- Receives, reviews, and posts broker statements.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099's and W-2's for clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
- May be required to be a Notary Public.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting