Chief Financial Officer | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Chief Financial Officer position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Chief Financial Officer position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Chief Financial Officer
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development, property management, and/ or construction industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Timberline and Excel is preferred.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting