Collections Specialist | Sample Job Description
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Collections Specialist position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Collections Specialist position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with dealers and sales.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Monthly Delinquency notices
- Processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Manage customers on the shutdown report
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to dealers and sales
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- 3-5 years High Volume corporate Collections experience.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting