Financial Controller | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Financial Controller position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Financial Controller position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for corporate accounting and internal reporting for Company Corporation, Inc. and subsidiaries.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
- Seven+ years of experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- Corporate accounting experience, including overheads and payroll.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- College accounting degree and public accounting experience (CPA preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Manage the work and development of staff members consisting of two full time senior accountants and one part time senior.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate books and subsidiaries, including the gift card program at the shopping malls.
- Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports of GAAP operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department’s overheads.
- Maintain schedules and books of Australian GAAP conversion adjustments.
- Assist with preparation of semi annual parent company reporting package.
- Prepare or review annual audit workpapers and the six-months review workpapers for the outside auditors.
- Assist in preparing annual audited financial statements.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
- Prepare or review the City Business License, personal property tax and other government forms.
- Preparation (or review), analysis and true-ups of corporate allocation and recoveries.
- Review intercompany billings to parent company, including the follow up of payment.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing the annual corporate budgets.
- Special projects as required.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting