Senior Tax Manager | Sample Job Description 3
If you are an employer seeking qualified job seekers for your Senior Tax Manager position, read our sample job description below and revise it to meet your company's specific job duties and requirements. If you are a job seeker looking for a Senior Tax Manager position, use our sample job description below to see what job skills and experiences employers are seeking.
Senior Tax Manager
This individual will lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our clients. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate.
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Reviews federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
- Handles federal, state and local tax audits.
- Prepares research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents
- for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Trains and supervises staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
- Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- Masters degree in taxation or finance.
- CPA license.
- 10+ years prior experience in public accounting and tax.
- Tax audit experience.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years).
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Research proficiency.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency preferred in ProSystem FX, BNA and MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Well rounded in dealing with high net worth individuals and businesses.
- Foreign tax experience preferred.
< Back to Job Descriptions Library
Featured Accounting Jobs Today!
Featured Accounting Schools
BS Accounting, BS Business/Accounting, MBA Accounting, MS Accountancy
AA Accounting, BS Business Administration
BS Accounting, MS Accounting