AJT | Accounting Manager Sample Resume
Accounting Manager – Manufacturing
To actively participate as a team player for improvement in the profitability and growth of an organization.
April 2001 – Current Manufacturing Inc. City, ST
- Prepares monthly financial statements and consolidations
- Bank Account Reconciliation
- General Ledger Account Analysis and subsidiary ledger reconciliation (A/P and A/R)
- Prepares and approves Journal Entries and Inter-company transactions
- Monthly Accruals and deferrals
- Manages Cash balances and Investments
- Responsible for filing Excise taxes, property tax statements, etc.
- Maintains Fixed Assets and Peachtree accounting systems
- Reviews Customer invoicing based on individual contract rates and requirements
- Prepares annual government required contract reporting (Annual Incurred Cost Proposal)
- Monitors government contract funding and invoicing
- Responsible for any required reports from auditors and other government agencies (DCAA)
- Budget forecasting and monitors cost control and efficiency
- Designs spreadsheet models as needed
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Special projects assigned by President
July 5, 2000 – March 2001 Finance, Inc. City, ST
- Assist in Financial Statements preparation
- Bank Reconciliation (Monthly)
- Account Analysis (Monthly)
- Monthly Accruals
- Credit Memo Analysis
- Standard cost maintenance on JD Edwards
- Maintenance of various Schedules, ie., Mold and Tooling, Material Exposure
- Prepares monthly Audit Schedules
- Assist in the monthly and year end close
- Special projects assigned by Director of Accounting
June 1999 – June 2000 Medical Manufacturer City, ST
Senior Financial Analyst
- Preparation of Annual Departmental Budget, and Quarterly Departmental Outlook
- Financial planning support to upper management and is the key interface with department management
- Assists upper management with various financial analyses reports
- Review and analyses expense accounts, as well as JE preparation before month end close.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet and P & L and other schedules.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Expense Accruals
- Other special projects assigned by the controller
June 1990-February 1999 Technologies, Inc City, ST
- Managed and supervised a professional accounting staff.
- Responsible for preparing a GAAP Financial Statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Responsible for Year-end closing of Financial Statements.
- Responsible for preparing bi-weekly payroll and payroll taxes
- Prepared workers compensation reports
- Prepared quarterly and annual 940, 941, W2, 1099, 1098
- Responsible for Bank and Account Reconciliation
- Coordinated with other departments during system conversion
- Monitored and supervised implementation of the new system.
- Responsible for providing necessary financial reports to management
- Responsible for Cash Flow and Budget Projections.
- Review of Journal Entries, A/P Vouchers, Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for International trade transactions, i.e., Letter of Credit and supporting documentation.
- Coordinated yearly physical inventory count.
- Responsible in dealing with auditors (government and external), professional consultants, CPAs
- Other responsibilities assigned by management
1984-1989 Dev. Corp City, ST
- Managed and supervised the accounting department consisting of two staff
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements, and other financial reports to the Head Office
- Performed monthly bank reconciliation
- Full charged bookkeeping responsibilities
- Designed and implemented manual accounting systems and procedures
- Prepared quarterly budget projections
- Coordinated with overall project funding
- Dealt with corporate auditors, external auditors and government auditors
- Other duties assigned by management.
Proficiency in ACCPAC Plus, Peachtree Accounting Systems, ADP Payroll System, BaaN Accounting Systems, Fourth Shift Accounting Systems, MAS90, Hyperion Pillar, Hyperion Enterprise, Oracle Discoverer, Windows , Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Personal Income Tax Preparer (H&R Block Certified), 10 Key
Memberships & Affiliations
Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member
• American Chamber of Commerce – Chapter Title
• Institute of Professional Bookkeepers – Member
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today