AJT | AP Clerk Sample Resume
AP Clerk Sample Resume - Media
123 Main Street
City, ST 12345
Accounts Payables Coordinator 7/2002-9/2003
- Routinely and successfully resolved vendor payment queries.
- Properly handled moderate volume invoice processing and purchase order matching utilizing Oracle.
- Processed checks and posted check writing on a monthly basis.
- Assisted in the maintenance of vendor tax classification and payment terms.
- Produced aging reports, invoice registers and other Oracle based reports
Accounts Payables Processor 1/2002-6/2002
- Heavily involved in the reconciliation of various vendor accounts.
- Provided customer service to vendors concerning payment status and resolving credit holds.
- Routinely assisted the accounting department with monthly accurals.
- Processed and matched 300 invoices on a weekly basis.
- Effectively interacted with the purchasing and receiving department concerning purchase order issues.
Accounts Payable Coordinator 9/2001– 1/2002
- Routinely entered, matched and posted 300 invoices on a weekly basis.
- Provided customer service to vendors with respect to payment status and other related issues.
- Effectively interacted with buyers, project managers and expeditors in resolving purchase order issues.
- Assisted in the research and resolution of credit memo posting errors, duplicate payment and purchase order concerns.
Accounts Payable/Billing Coordinator 1/2001 – 8/2001
- Routinely entered more than 150 invoices, as well as foreign invoices, on a weekly basis utilizing Acuity.
- Reviewed and processed travel and entertainment expense reports for six area offices.
- Properly and routinely coded invoices to their correct general ledger accounts.
- Successfully handled inquiries, concerns and issues via telephone and e-mail concerning payment status for vendors.
- Coordinated and processed monthly billing for six area offices.
- Performed check runs for three companies on a weekly basis.
- Trained incoming accounts payable personnel.
- Maintained accounts payables’ files.
Accounts Payable Specialist 9/2000 – 1/2001
- Reported directly to CFO and assisted with the internal auditing control and other related accounting duties as assigned.
- Reported payroll and regular employees as well as new hires and their direct deposit to ADP.
- Carefully reviewed and properly coded, posted, and processed invoices as well as corporate credit card accounts for payment.
- Pro-actively ensured that employees clearly understood policies concerning purchase order requests and expense reporting.
- Provided result-oriented customer service to vendors.
General Ledger Clerk 5/2000 – 9/2000
- Journalized and posted cash receipts and wire transfers into the appropriate journal utilizing DPN.
- Assisted staff accountants with bank and account reconciliation, and researched deposit activities.
- Effectively maintained accurate billing and account receivables for the Municipal Compliance Division.
- Reviewed transactions and coded them to the appropriate accounts.
Financial Services Group
Accounts Payable clerk 2/2000 – 5/2000
- Performed data entry duties to process invoices for goods, services, reimbursements, and payroll using CTI.
- Efficiently processed over 370 checks on a weekly basis and prepared them for mailing.
- Extensively interacted with mall accountants and bookkeepers.
- Created model database within CTI for recurring transactions.
Accounts Payable Clerk 12/1999 – 1/2000
- Interacted with vendors and resolved account related issues.
- Successfully batched, posted, and matched over 300 invoices daily.
- Posted batches to trial balance to ensure their equality, and successfully researched and resolved imbalances.
- Sent checks, support documents and check registers to the vendors
College, Associate of Arts in Business Administration (6/91)
Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, Outlook 2000 and PeopleSoft. Alphanumeric Data Entry 10,000 Kph, Numeric Data Entry 12,000 Kph E-mail, Type 55 wpm, Machine Transcription, Business Works, Acuity, Quick Books, ESI and Oracle
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today