AJT | Business Analyst Sample Resume
Sample Business Analyst Resume – Entertainment
A challenging accounting position with growth potential that will enable me to add value to a Company’s processes and procedures by utilizing my Accounting and analytical abilities.
Business Analyst, Production Finance (7/03 – Present)
- Track and analyze on a per-project basis all production funding related to original programming in order to provide annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Manage Canadian bank account activity to ensure the collection and recording of Canadian tax credits, return of production funding and disbursements to fund Canadian based productions.
- Maintain a schedule to forecast all projects in active development. Read and analyze contracts to derive total expected expenditures. Meet with Business Affairs Executives on a monthly basis to verify status of projects in development and ensure that projects are accurately written-off and accrued upon abandonment.
- Review for accuracy and completeness all writer payments and supporting documentation for projects in development in order to post into G/L system.
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly estimates for cash receipts and revenue for specific markets and present results to Vice President of Finance department.
- Work proactively with Business Affairs and Distribution departments to identify program element delivery projections and requirements as they relate to receipt and revenue recognition milestones.
- Issue invoices in a timely manner, maintain cash receipts schedules, and make follow-up calls to ensure timely collections, especially at quarter and year-end.
Business Analyst, Entertainment Group Finance (4/02 – 7/03)
- Performed all month-end close procedures, including journal entries. Reduced the amount of time for the P&L close from 4 days to 2 days.
- Prepared financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and P&L statements and prepared detailed variance explanations verses budget and current estimate to relate to upper management.
- Maintained Accounts Receivable Aging and Deferred Revenue schedules on a per title and customer basis.
- Managed clearing of cash receipt lockboxes and reconciled cash reporting with Management Reporting department on a monthly basis.
- Reviewed and interpreted contracts to supply revenue numbers for ultimate accounting.
- Participated in various Balance Sheet projects, including prospective fees analysis to ensure accurate asset balances on a per-title basis.
- Supplied information and schedules for year-end audits.
- Successfully trained new Business Analyst to perform all month-end closing procedures and reporting requirements.
2/00 – 3/02 COMPANY Location
Assistant Manager, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting (2/01 – 3/02)
- Reconciled monthly cash disbursements and receipts to statement of cash flows with Vice President and Executive Director.
- Managed the coordination of cash reporting procedures with Treasury Department and Divisional Departments to obtain and analyze information.
- Prepared monthly cash board package statements, performed variance analyses, generated operating cash flow statements, and prepared bank group covenant reports.
- Assisted the Executive Director in performing analyses of trial balance account activity and investigated discrepancies.
- Prepared the accounting entries for the Company’s equity investees, intercompany profit elimination, and new accounting standard changes.
Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting (2/00 – 2/01)
- Prepared month-end closing entries through analysis of balance sheet and profit and loss account activity.
- Produced monthly flash schedule quarterly projections by interacting with divisional departments to obtain and analyze data and information.
- Prepared monthly and year-to-date financial statements, i.e., balance sheet, statement of operations, and statement of cash flows. Assisted in obtaining information and data to produce monthly footnotes.
- Obtained foreign packages to generate entries to account for foreign subsidiary activity and performed intercompany analysis.
- Completed and filed required forms with the Department of Commerce.
B.A., Business Economics with Accounting Emphasis
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, JD Edwards, Software Accounting Program System (SAP), Showcase Strategy, and Essbase (extended spreadsheet) Database
< Back to Resume Center
Earn a Degree in Accounting Today